Online Safety AgreementAn online safety agreement can help define internet usage rules for parents and children in your family. When you’ve created such a contract, girls will know what is expected of them and what they can or cannot do, as well as your obligations as a parent or caregiver. We've created a sample that you may choose to use 'as is' or change to suit your needs and the ages of your children.
- I will not share my address or phone number online, or give out any information that identifies me. If anyone asks for this information, I will tell my parents, caregivers or another adult I trust.
- I will not tell anyone, other than my parents or caregivers, my passwords. Not even my close friends.
- I will treat others with respect online, as I would in person. I won't pick fights or use mean words.
- I understand that nothing I do online is private; I will not say or do anything that I would not want others to see or know about.
- I will never post my picture or a video of myself online without permission.
- I will not open an email or click on a link from someone that I do not know.
- I will never lie about my age online.
- I will tell my parents, caregivers or another adult I trust if anyone online makes me feel uncomfortable or angry.
- I will share my favourite sites with my parents or caregivers, so they can better understand what I like to do online.
- add you own agreements
- Online Safety Agreement [PDF English]